Friday, January 14, 2011

Easy Guacamole


This recipe can join the ranks of other "semi-homemade" dishes. It utilizes a guacamole mix from the store (produce section at Safeway/Vons)...but I dress it up a bit. It is quick, easy and very tasty if I say so myself.

Easy Guacamole
Serves: 16 Serving Size: 2 TBSP.
Nutritional Info: Calories 42.4 Total Fat 3.9 g Saturated Fat 0.0 g Cholesterol 0.0 mg Sodium 97.7 mg Potassium 8.2 mg Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g Dietary Fiber 1.3 g Sugars 0.0 g Protein 0.5 g

Ingredients:
1 pkg. Great Guacamole Mix (mild or medium)
2 ripe avacados
1/2 medium onion, diced
juice of 1 lime

Directions:
1. In a bowl mash avacados till smooth.
2. Add remaining ingredients. Mix. Serve

Note: I keep the pit in my serving dish to help it from browning too quickly. If not serving immediately cover tightly (with pit in dip) and refrigerate. Dip will begin to brown with air exposure. Serve as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment