Friday, March 9, 2012

Microwave Chocolate Cake


So I have heard of microwave mini cakes and muffins, but hadn't thought of trying it because my microwave is on it's last breath. I have fully exhausted it and thought this wouldn't work. But I had a strong craving for chocolate cake and didn't feel like baking up a big one so I thuoght I'd give it a whirl. I also wanted to have a special treat with the hubby after the boys were sound asleep. My microwave did show it's age and took 3 times longer than the recipe called to make this, but it was still delicious. Although doesn't everything taste more indulgent when the kids are sleeping? ;-) haha. I plan on making this a lot more (I also plan on buying a new microwave).

Microwave Chocolate Cake also called: One Minute Chocolate Cake
By: Chocolate Covered Katie

1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp cocoa powder
3 tablespoons flour
1/8 tsp salt
1 tablespoon + 2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tablespoon oil
3 tablespoons milk of choice (I used almond milk)
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract

Combine dry ingredients and mix very, very well. Add liquid, stir, then transfer to a little dish, ramekin, or even a coffee mug. Microwave 30-40 seconds. If you don’t want to eat it straight out of the dish, be sure to spray your dish first (and then wait for it to cool before trying to remove it).

No comments:

Post a Comment