Friday, July 15, 2011

Fuego Spice Mix


This is a spice mix from the Chevy's Fresh Mex Cookbook. It is very versatile. I mainly use it to season meat for fajitas, but it can be used for a lot more. I have also used it in my chicken taco soup to replace the taco seasoning and my aunt recently told me she used it to season black beans. So, I made a bean and rice bowl for lunch the other day and tried it, so yummy!! The cookbook suggests using it to spice up tortilla chips, french fries or popcorn.

Fuego Spice Mix
Makes 1 cup

Ingredients
1/4 cup paprika
2 teaspoons cayenne
2 tablespoons ground white pepper
2 tablespoons black pepper
2 tablespoons granulated garlic
2 tablespoons chile powder
2 tablespoons oregano


Directions:
*Combine all ingredients, mixing well.
*Store in an airtight container, out of direct light for up to 6 months.

Source: Chevy's Fresh Mex Cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment