Saturday, August 28, 2010

Coconut Macaroons



I have a strong love of coconut. One day while flipping through a magazine I spotted this recipe. It seemed too easy to be good, but since I had all the ingredients on hand I gave it a try. Ever since I have been making these almost weekly! They are especially good right out of the oven!

Coconut Macaroons
Yields: 1 1/2 dozen cookies, Serving Size: 1 cookie
Nutritional Facts (per serving): calories 110/ Fat 6g/ chol 4g/ sodium 65mg/ carb 14g/ fiber 1g/ protein 2g

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups flaked coconut
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp. salt
2/3 cup sweetened consensed milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a small bowl combine the flour, coconut and salt. Add milk and vanilla; mix well (batter will be stiff).
3. Drop by the tablespoonfulls (I spray mine with a little Pam to make it easier to drop) onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks.

Source: Taste of Home

No comments:

Post a Comment